Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Makepeace <da...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/15 05:04:28 UTC

Trouble de-serializing objects when running 4.0.4 as NT service

Hi, I'm having trouble deserializing an object (stored
in a relational db) when running Tomcat 4.0.4 as an NT
Service. I have no problems when running from the
startup.bat. My database is mySQL. I am using Tomcat's
connection pooling. Platform win2k. Here's the
exception that I'm seeing when I'm calling
ResultSet.getObject(). Any idea's on how to work
around this? I really need to run this as a service.

java.sql.SQLException: Class not found:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.sagecentral.modulecreation.Lesson while reading
serialized object
	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.ResultSet.getObject(Unknown Source)

Re: Trouble de-serializing objects when running 4.0.4 as NT service

Posted by ope <op...@yahoo.com>.
My first guess would be that you have some settings in
your environment that are not present in the system.
Possibly the CLASSPATH.  Check your Tomcat services
settings to see which user you are starting as and
make sure that the user has the same environment that
you do.

Posted by David Makepeace <da...@yahoo.com>.