Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rahul Goswami <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/13 04:00:41 UTC

SolrCloud: Configured socket timeouts not reflecting

Hello,

I am running Solr 7.2.1 in cloud mode. To overcome a setup hardware
bottleneck, I tried to configure distribUpdateSoTimeout and socketTimeout
to a value greater than the default 10 mins. I did this by passing these as
system properties at Solr start up time (-DdistribUpdateSoTimeout and
-DsocketTimeout  ). The Solr admin UI shows these values in the Dashboard
args section. As a test, I tried setting each of them to one hour
(3600000). However I start seeing socket read timeouts within a few mins.
Looks like the values are not taking effect. What am I missing? If this is
a known issue, is there a JIRA for it ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: SolrCloud: Configured socket timeouts not reflecting

Posted by Rahul Goswami <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gus,

Have created a pull request for JIRA 12550
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12550> and updated the affected
Solr version (7.2.1) in the comments. The provided fix is on branch_7_2. I
haven't tried reproducing the issue on the latest version, but see that the
code for this part is different on the master.

Regards,
Rahul

Posted by Rahul Goswami <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gus,