Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2012/01/20 21:03:59 UTC

ServiceUI spec uses Toaster example

Has anyone got a good example for ServiceUI, I'd personally like to
remove all references to Toaster's in our documentation.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: ServiceUI spec uses Toaster example

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> On 1/20/2012 2:03 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> Has anyone got a good example for ServiceUI, I'd personally like to
>> remove all references to Toaster's in our documentation.
>
> If you look at the http://startnow.dev.java.net project under the
> adminui tree, you'll find serviceUI for all the current Administrable
> details that is dynamically built based on what interfaces the service
> proxy implements.  It just builds a tabbed pane component.  You can
> just instantiate the AdminUIJFrameFactory and put it into a
> UIDescriptor.   This is some pretty dated code, but something I tried
> to push to become part of the serviceUI distribution as a "default"
> example of a serviceUI, as well as the "default" Administrable UI.
> But, I wasn't able to make the point of it being necessary I guess.
>
> Gregg Wonderly

Perhaps it's time we had another look?  Seems like a "default"
Administrable UI would be quite useful in any case.  Oh and I'd like to
remove any references to Jini Toasters, coffee machines or anything else
of that nature.

Re: ServiceUI spec uses Toaster example

Posted by Gregg Wonderly <gr...@gmail.com>.