Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> on 2016/03/31 23:36:30 UTC

About docker images

What would be the process to push Docker images for an incubator project to
https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/?

Re: About docker images

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Gino,

Please reach out directly to infra.  They'll probably direct you to create
a ticket to get this setup.

There shouldn't be an issue from an incubator point of view.

John

Re: About docker images

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Once the docker images are stable you might also want to consider
releasing them as official Docker packages - in which case the Docker
Hub has a repository with external commit references to the recipes -
https://docs.docker.com/docker-hub/official_repos/

See for instance:
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/couchdb
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/cassandra
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/httpd
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/maven
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/solr
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/thrift
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/blob/master/library/tomcat

Varying practices and levels of officialness there - I notice none of
those reference https://github.com/apache/*

On 1 April 2016 at 02:51, Gino Bustelo <lb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jake. I'll reach out once we are closer to being ready.
>
> Gino B.
>
>> On Mar 31, 2016, at 8:38 PM, Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> We do not enable direct push to Docker hub, we can setup the automated hook
>> for building a given Dockerfile at a set path for master or tags, but there
>> are no plans to allow direct push at this time. We do have a Bintray
>> account which is available for ASF use and we can host Docker images there
>> that projects can control if the automated route does not fit the needed
>> solution. If you have any questions please let me know
>>
>> -Jake
>>
>>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What would be the process to push Docker images for an incubator project to
>>> https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/?

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: About docker images