Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nili Adoram <ni...@qlusters.com> on 2008/06/11 14:40:28 UTC

PageExpiredException when clicking an AjaxLink

Hi all,

I need a clue about a strange problem we're coming across in wicket 1.3.0-rc1.

(I know wicket has made a huge progress since then but our tight schedule dos not allow any upgrade at the moment).

I have an AjaxLink which replaces the default onclick behavior  of AjaxLink with our own behavior.

When the user clicks the AjaxLink we prompt for some user input via JavaScript.

The user input is concatenated to the Ajax request URL as you can see in the generated markup:

However, sometimes the the Ajax request fails due to a PageExpiredException.

The WebRequestCycleProcessor fails to find the page in the page map and cannot resolve the request.

This happens only occasionally which prevents me from proper debugging.

When I tried to raise debug level of wicket, I failed to reproduce the problem.

Can anyone provide me some clue where to start ?

Thanks
Nili

--
Best,
Nili

===================================
Nili Adoram
GRM Team, R&D, Qlusters Inc.
nili.adoram@qlusters.com
+972-3-6236636

Re: PageExpiredException when clicking an AjaxLink

Posted by richardwilko <ri...@gmail.com>.
Ok this may be a longshot but see if this makes sense.  I had a similar
problem, it was caused because i had some image links where the src
attribute was actually pointing at the home page of my application.  So
instead of loading an image it would actually make a get request to the home
page, which puts the home page into page map.  If you have enough of these
dodgy images then your current page gets pushed out of the page map, as it
only holds a limited number of pages, so your ajax fails.

What sort of session store are you using, the default (second level cache
thing) or httpsession page map?