Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by edwardk <ek...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 07:47:22 UTC

Using ignite configuration with JCache api

Hi,

I am using JCache api to create a cache and also to fetch the values from it
without references to apache ignite api.

I am using Apache Ignite as Caching provider as I have the required jars in
the classpath using maven pom file.

I know we can use apache ignite configuration xml for configuring expiry and
eviction policies.

When using JCache, I am not sure how to pass the configuration xml or make
the JCache code use the ignite xml for configuring the caches appropriately.

Can someone help me on this.

Re: Using ignite configuration with JCache api

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Sridhar,

Please check where Ignite home directory refers to in your case. Just
executed the following code

System.out.println(System.getProperty(IgniteSystemProperties.IGNITE_HOME))

Then create 'config' folder there and put default-config. xml in this
folder.

You can always change Ignite home directory by passing the following VM
options upon your apllication launch:
  -DIGNITE_HOME=<some_dir>

--
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

If I understood you properly you're using
org.apache.ignite.cache.CachingProvider.
Having look at its source code I see that it gets the configuration from

URL  dfltCfgURL = U.resolveIgniteUrl(IgnitionEx.DFLT_CFG);

where

IgnitionEx.DFLT_CFG

refers to

config/default-config.xml

I guess that you should modify this xml file and everything will work
fine for you.

Regards,
Denis