Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/04/02 18:38:30 UTC

javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_PORT discussion

Hi,

I've been doing some reviews of our implementation and I noticed that we
have the following context parameter: javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_PORT which is
used by the ServletExternalContextImpl.encodeWebsocketURL().

However, looking over the JSF 2.3 spec documentation I see the following
parameter specified on page 10-25:

In case your server is configured to run a WebSocket container on a
different TCP port than the HTTP
container, then you can use the optional
javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_ENDPOINT_PORT integer context
parameter in web.xml to explicitly specify the port.

We need to decide the following:

1) Allow either parameter and add support for the missing
javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_ENDPOINT_PORT in MyFaces
2) Rename our parameter to the spec defined one ( could potentially break
any apps that are already using the non spec defined parameter in 2.3.0).

I think #1 is our safest bet but wanted to get some additional input if
anyone had it.

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

Re: javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_PORT discussion

Posted by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@us.ibm.com>.
I'll implement proposal #2 here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4216

From:	Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>
To:	MyFaces Development <de...@myfaces.apache.org>
Date:	04/02/2018 04:58 PM
Subject:	Re: javax.faces.WEBSOCKET_PORT discussion

+1 for 2

  +1 for 2

  2.3.0 is very new and everyone knows that a x.0 release isnt stable for
  100%.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 2

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.