Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by BE...@de.ibm.com on 2001/04/24 09:50:04 UTC

troubles with installation

Hi,

I downloaded some turbine nightly builds of April.
When I tried to build turbine running the build-turbine.sh script,
I had some exceptions.
I noticed that the script looks for a jdom jar and I have not this jar on
my system.
I searched for a jdom jar using altavista, but I don't know whether I
downloaded the
suitable version. In fact, even using this jar, I have some compilation
errors.
Could you give me some indications? Which version of jdom do I need?
I also noticed that there are several versions of velocity in the lib
directory? Why?
Do I need all of them?

Thank you in advance,

Michela

Re: troubles with installation

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The jdom error is harmless.  But if you want to get rid of it checkout a
parallel working copy of jakarta-site2.  jdom is only used in the
./build-turbine.sh docs target.  You can compile the source without it.

Don't know why there would be multiple copies of the velocity jar, but
delete all but the latest.

john mcnally