Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Kohinoor Lal Verma (HF/EAB)" <ko...@ericsson.com> on 2006/02/15 18:34:59 UTC

Maven2 EAR

Re: Maven2 EAR

Posted by Frederic Close <ml...@closebase.com>.
an extra link :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/introduction.html

Re: Maven2 EAR

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.

Re: Maven2 EAR

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
Kohinoor,

In changing from Ant (or other project structures) to Maven, the idea
is one archive built per project. So for an EAR, any EJBs packaged in
a JAR will sit in one project, and the EAR will be a separate project
for packaging, and the EAR project will depend on the EJB project.

It might seem a bit annoying at first to see something like 2-3
projects when using Ant mushroom into 5-6 projects in Maven, but I
have come to realize that this is highly desirable, as it promotes
modularity and reuse, and in addition the pain of refactoring the
project structures is relatively small and short-lived, compared to
the benefits.

Brad