Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/13 17:56:53 UTC

Shouldn't PORTALPAGE_ADMIN be part of SUPER group permissions?

PortalPageViewPermissionError occurs for users of SUPER group if not.
Also PortalPageViewPermissionError has no UiLabelMap entry for
translations.  Are these issues worth JIRAs?

Re: Shouldn't PORTALPAGE_ADMIN be part of SUPER group permissions?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
There is no consistency within the community regarding how to
announce/propose/commit changes, so it is probably best to use overkill
and do as much as possible to document the change - no matter how trivial.

For example, I announced I was going to fix a startup problem in OFBiz
(a trivial change), and I was asked to create a Jira issue beforehand so
others can review it. Conversely, Jacopo recently refactored encryption
(a change with considerable impact) and no announcement/Jira
issue/review was done beforehand.

So, there is no real "policy" about the change workflow - instead, it
depends on the community's perception of the committer and what that
committer feels they can get away with.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Jacques.

OFBIZ-6400 was updated to handle this if PORTALPAGE_ADMIN should remain
a permission.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Pierre, Christian,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.