Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/06 22:43:59 UTC

Struts Security part of Struts 1.1

I am getting ready to implement Nic Hobb's role-based Actions at
http://husted.com/about/struts/struts-security.htm.

I'm wondering if this is going to be incorporated into Struts 1.1?  I have
"plugged-in" the validator framework and feel that my app is still using a
solid struts release because this validation framework is being implemented in
the next version.

However, if I implement role-based Actions, I have to download the struts
source, re-build it with these new classes, and now it seems I have a
"different" version of struts.jar.

Thanks,

Matt

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Struts Security part of Struts 1.1

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
To make that decision, we need a few people like yourself to implement
the code, and bring back their feedback.

Any developer who feels strongly about adding existing code can bring it
up for a vote on the Dev list. If at leaste three of the Committers
agree (vote +1), then those Committers take responsiblity for adding it
to the nightly build. In general, people should only vote on a piece of
code when they have tried it for themselves.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/