Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> on 2007/06/18 13:00:34 UTC

Re: Could service flow(vs. customized component) cover most of the requirements ?

L.S.,

ServiceMix doesn't have a JDBC (or database to XML) service engine.  You can
build your solution using POJOs that read from and write to the database.
If you use a Quartz SU to trigger the reading POJO from time to time, you
should be fine.

Off course, you can also develop a JDBC capable service engine.  If you want
to do so and add it to ServiceMix, just ask for any help you need either
here on the developer mailing list.

Normally, ServiceMix itself uses ActiveMQ to make sure that message do not
get lost.  If you just make sure that your component doesn't end the message
exchange (by answering or setting the status to DONE) before the transaction
to the database has successfully committed, you should be fine...

I'm not sure if and how you can force the in-order-execution of exchanges in
your JDBC Writer POJO, making sure that no new transaction can begin before
a previous one has ended.

Gert