Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Br...@maxateev.com on 2001/07/19 14:25:34 UTC

problem in tomcat

I am using a MS-SOAP client and Apache SOAP Java Web-Service. client is
sending an XML-Stream to web-service which is then recieved, validated and
saved in SQL Server table by Web-Service.  It is working very properly. But
if i am doing a blind run like sending 2000 XML-Streams one-one non-stop,
then tomcat is giving an error -

#
# An EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception has been detected in native code
outsi
de the VM.
# Program counter=0x77f64ed3
#

and after giving error, tomcat stops.

I am using Apche 1.3.20 and tomcat 3.2

what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Brajendra Singh

RE: NS_URI_CURRENT_SCHEMA_XSI & NS_URI_CURRENT_SCHEMA_XSD

Posted by Michele Costabile <mi...@zucchetti.com>.
Try the sources from the CVS repository. I have seen 2000 in the traces
with the current sources (as of July 5).

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Eduardo,

Did you re-compile all the source, or just the Consants.java file? Those
constants are marked final.

Thanks,
-Matt

SOAP Design pattern (maybe)

Posted by Michele Costabile <mi...@zucchetti.com>.
I have done some work with SOAP services dealing with complex types and I
think I have a pattern.
When one has to move beyond the add two numbers example, there is a need to
balance between creating a bunch of unrelated RPC calls (easy) and taking a
more OO approach (harder). Ideally, I would like to create proxy objects
with full processing capabilities that would shield the application from the
notion that it is working remotely.
Every time I have to deal with classes, say a SubscriptionManager (that
manages Users, Services and so on), I find myself with

1) server classes that basically have only methods (i.e. stateless or a
bunch of RPC callls), that use complex types from the common library as
parameters
2) common classes that basically have only properties (that end in the types
section of WSDL) and methods that call the SOAP services from a client
perspective passing objects of the common library (adding their own ID so
that the server knows wich object it has to treat).
3) client classes that use common objects

Do you think this is rightfully a pattern, or is it just that I did not
tackle the problem from the right perspective?
If there really is such a pattern, it would be nice to explain it well in
order to save a lot of time to other fellows.
If you think I have been too short please tell me, I will try to elaborate
the idea a little more.
One side effect is that there is always a JAR or DLL to distribute: the
common classes.

Re: problem in tomcat

Posted by Peter Sylvester <pe...@mitre.org>.
I'm not sure its applicable to your problem, But I previously ran into
some HotSpot errors with Apache SOAP 2.2 that went away when I upgraded
to JDK 1.3.1-b24.

-Peter