Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anurag Kumar Nilesh <an...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/01/29 11:34:28 UTC

Invalid job requirements error

Hi,

I am getting this error while submitting the job to a hadoop cluster.

HadoopJobLaunch; Unable to submit job to hadoop; [Possible Cause]JT is perhaps unreacheable;
; [NESTED EXCEPTION]:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException:
job_201101040441_300912(-1 memForMapTasks -1 memForReduceTasks): Invalid job requirements.

Is this error coming due to the no memory available for the job I want to submit due to the other jobs running on this grid and occupying all the memory available?

Thanks.

Anurag Nilesh

Re: Invalid job requirements error

Posted by Anurag Kumar Nilesh <an...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks, it was indeed due to the missing value of these parameters.

On 1/29/11 11:23 PM, "Koji Noguchi" <kn...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

Anurag,

Is this on an internal yahoo cluster?  If so, you might want to ask on the internal list.

Message seems to suggest that

    <name>mapred.job.map.memory.mb</name>
    <name>mapred.job.reduce.memory.mb</name>

are not being set.

Probably your entire config is out of date.

Koji