Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ykyuen <yi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 04:44:09 UTC

exec:java problem

Hi all,

i am new to maven2. i got some problem when i tried to follow the sample
program of the book "Maven: The Definitive Guide"
http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/customizing-sect-custom-exec.html

i can sucessfully build the the program by the mvn install command
http://www.codetter.com/snippets/l

but when i run the mvn exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass=org.sonatype.mavenbook.weather.Main, there is an exception
http://www.codetter.com/snippets/n

i have no idea about that exception. and does it related to the warning in
mvn:install about the MS950 encoding?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
Kit

Re: exec:java problem

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
The warning you get is fairly standard.  It happens when you don't
declare the character set encoding that you want to use for the copying
of resources.  This probably has nothing to do with your error.

The error is indicating that the class
org.sonatype.mavenbook.weather.Main does not exist.  Check the
"target/classes" directory under the project and see if that class
exists there.  If not, then something either went wrong with the build
or you managed to delete your binary classes before running the code.

Re: exec:java problem

Posted by ykyuen <yi...@gmail.com>.

Tim O'Brien wrote:

> Alright, time to update this example to use a gov't feed from the US NWS.
>
> Thanks for letting me know.

u are welcome~~
that's my pleasure =P

Re: exec:java problem

Posted by ykyuen <yi...@gmail.com>.

ykyuen wrote:

> oh sorry, i have made a mistake, the sample works fine. the failure was
> caused by the firewall of my network.
>
> sorry for the misleading:-((

The solution is to add the proxy in the YahooRetriever.java

System.getProperties().put("proxySet", "true");
System.getProperties().put("proxyPort", <port>);
System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", <proxy_host>);

Re: exec:java problem

Posted by ykyuen <yi...@gmail.com>.

Re: exec:java problem

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.