Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2008/06/24 00:03:51 UTC

Re: Installation of 1.5.2 on Windows

Hi John,

John Hughes wrote:
> I'm also having a few problems installing 1.5.2 on a windows box.
>
> Windows services indicates that the service is running - but it does not
> respond to LDAP requests (at least on 389) I've checked with a sniffer to
> make sure.

The default port of ApacheDS is 10389, could you please try that port?

> Also the installer does not add in to the windows menu various options that
> the documentation indicates should be there.  All the Apache Directory
> Suite->Server menu shows are 3 links to documentation - and the uninstall
> option.

The installer changed in version 1.5 but the documentation hasn't
changed yet, sorry for that.

Regards,
Stefan

RE: Installation of 1.5.2 on Windows

Posted by John Hughes <jo...@secid.co.uk>.
Stefan

Thanks - it is working on 10389.  I had assumed default was usual 389.

Re the ability to configure/admin etc how does one do that if the windows
menu options have disappeared?  Is there a management console?

John