Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Casey Lucas <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/17 15:59:56 UTC

[go] arrow / parquet integration

I've noticed that there is nice deep integration between arrow and parquet
in the c++ implementation. Ex:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/cpp/examples/parquet/parquet-arrow/reader-writer.cc

Are there any plans for similar support in golang? Maybe there is a roadmap
I missed.  If there are no such plans, I'm curious if others have had
success using the c++ implementation for reading/writing parquet files
to/from arrow in golang.

Thanks,
Casey

Re: [go] arrow / parquet integration

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Casey -- I'm not aware of people using the Parquet C++ library from
Go, but there are some CGo projects out there that might be
interesting

https://github.com/353solutions/carrow

Thus far we haven't managed to bootstrap a very large / active Go
developer community. There's a lot of benefits to having some native
Arrow libraries (at least for the core data structures and binary /
IPC protocol), particularly considering the build system parsimony
that you get in Go, so I hope to see more people doing Go development
in the future.