Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 17:29:12 UTC

Re: archetype:create-from-project and excluding files from to-be-created archetype

>  I have the same needs. I'd like to exclude the .project when creating my
> archetype.
> Is it possible ?

The most effective route to getting this kind of issue resolved is to
just do it yourself and donate the code back to the project via Jira.
Otherwise the issue will simply sit for another year until someone
else wants it and does it for you.

Wayne

Re: [M3] release plugin

Posted by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com>.
On 1 December 2010 09:05, Hauschel Fred Robert
<Fr...@cirquent.de> wrote:
> Hey all,
> i've some problems with releasing my artifacts with m3:
>
> [INFO] [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:jar:2.2-2
> 0100510.060623-403 in http://xxx/vvv/repository/public was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ccc_public has elaps
> ed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
>
> Does anybody knows this problem?
> Does anybody knows where I can find the repo for maven-source-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT ??

Why don't you simply use 2.1.2?

> I've started the plugin with the -U option !

I don't really know whether this -U helps. I usually simply delete the
directory of the local repository where the plugin is/should be
(.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-source-plugin/) and try
again. This caching of negatives can be quite annoying (it can
probably save a lot of time in other scenarios, though).

[M3] release plugin

Re: archetype:create-from-project and excluding files from to-be-created archetype

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Most effective route Wayne mentions doesn't have any effectiveness
guarantees - ticket with by-the-book patch could be unresolved and
unnoticed or without any feedback for ages just as any non-maintainer
created ticket. On the bright side of things, with Apache v2 licensed
projects if you're armed with a patch you can always fork or at least
create your own custom release.

Regards,
Stevo.