Posted to issues@hbase.apache.org by WangYQ <wa...@163.com> on 2016/04/19 14:16:33 UTC

a problem in split cause split timeout

in hbase 0.98.10,
class  SplitTransition, line  403, we close parent region to get hfiles to split, returns a map, which size is the CF number of the table
after that, in line 433, we split hfiles, we want to create a threadPool which size is the number of HFiles,  but in fact, in line 822, we use the CF number as threadPool size

this may lead to split timeout when we have many hfiles

Re: a problem in split cause split timeout

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Can you take a look at latest 0.98 branch ?

Looks like SplitTransition has been refactored.