Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by naveen mahadevuni <nm...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/14 10:25:12 UTC

Hive ACID table error

Hi,

I'm using Hive 1,.2. From a non-ACID hive session, I performed the
following operations and Hive reports 'serious problem'.

CREATE TABLE test5(
  i int,
  j int)
CLUSTERED BY (i) INTO 8 BUCKETS
STORED AS ORC
TBLPROPERTIES ('transactional'='true');

insert into test5 values(1,2);
insert into test5 values(3,4);

select * from test5; -- Fails reporting serious problem.

*-->Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.lang.RuntimeException:
serious problem*

Hive documents "Reading/writing to an ACID table from a non-ACID session is
not allowed.". Can a better message be reported rather than 'serious
problem'?

Thanks,
Naveen

Re: Hive ACID table error

Posted by naveen mahadevuni <nm...@gmail.com>.
Looks like this has been addressed in HIVE-11716
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-11716>.

Thanks,
Naveen

Re: Hive ACID table error