Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Lou Ruppert <hi...@louruppert.com> on 2003/04/09 20:40:17 UTC

Apache::AuthenNIS behavior different from .htaccess and httpd.conf

We just upgraded our server at work from Apache 1.3.9/mod_perl 1.21 to
Apache 1.3.27/mod_perl 1.27

We now notice that, while Apache::AuthenNIS works flawlessly from within
httpd.conf, from within .htaccess it produces the following error
messages:

[Fri Apr  4 09:04:40 2003] [error] Can't locate object method
"get_basic_auth_pw" via package "Apache" at
/usr/local/perl/5.8.0/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/AuthenNIS.pm line 11.

Why would it behave one way from inside of the httpd.conf file, but
another within the .htaccess file?  Has anyone else noticed this and
found a fix?

-Lou
(baffled)
--
Lou Ruppert <hi...@louruppert.com>
LouRuppert.com

Re: Apache::AuthenNIS behavior different from .htaccess and httpd.conf

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Lou Ruppert wrote:
> We just upgraded our server at work from Apache 1.3.9/mod_perl 1.21 to
> Apache 1.3.27/mod_perl 1.27
>
> We now notice that, while Apache::AuthenNIS works flawlessly from within
> httpd.conf, from within .htaccess it produces the following error
> messages:
>
> [Fri Apr  4 09:04:40 2003] [error] Can't locate object method
> "get_basic_auth_pw" via package "Apache" at
> /usr/local/perl/5.8.0/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/AuthenNIS.pm line 11.
>
> Why would it behave one way from inside of the httpd.conf file, but
> another within the .htaccess file?  Has anyone else noticed this and
> found a fix?

Does adding to .htaccess

   PerlModule Apache

help?