Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alex Sanderson <al...@duke-interactive.com> on 2000/10/27 11:02:55 UTC

Re: bad time with tomcat && Maybe Unicode

I run an Identical version of apache1.3.14/tomcat3.2b6/jsdk1.3/postgres7 .... on Linux and Solaris machines. With JSDK 1.3 on Solaris I have the problem with ?'s for any accented characters however returning to JSDK 1.2.2 fixes the problem.  This problem does not exist with the Linux JSDK 1.3.  I haven't had any success finding help on the Sun's bug or support site but all of the tests I have tried suggested that it was a problem with the JSDK and perhaps with codepages on Solaris.  Anyway at the moment I don't recommend running JSDK 1.3 on Solaris if you are wanting foreign language support.
Alex