Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 21:05:51 UTC

Releasing a Project with Modules

Hello,

I'm trying to use the release plugin to release a project with several
modules. I managed to get it working that the versions of the parent project
and the modules is being updated. I'm dealing with the issue that only the
parent project is being uploaded to my SCM. Is it possible to upload the
modules as well during the release of the parent project?

Thanks for any help!

Kind Regards,
Thomas Tardy

Re: Releasing a Project with Modules

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Thursday 31 January 2008 wrote lsacco:

> Note that in my case the projects are all adjacent to each other in the
> directory such that the Maven project has it's own directory rather than
> in the root (due to Eclipse).  My modules are identified as following in
> the POM:
>
> 	<modules>
> 	    <module>../XXXCommon</module>
> 	    <module>../XXXService</module>
> 	    <module>../XXXWeb</module>
>         </modules>

There was an issue with flat modules. See
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-6 for details. Maybe you are using
an old version?

hth,
- martin
--
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller@xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/

Re: Releasing a Project with Modules

Posted by lsacco <oc...@gmail.com>.
I'm having the same issue.  Can anyone help provide a solution?

Note that in my case the projects are all adjacent to each other in the
directory such that the Maven project has it's own directory rather than in
the root (due to Eclipse).  My modules are identified as following in the
POM:

	<modules>
	    <module>../XXXCommon</module>
	    <module>../XXXService</module>