Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rolf Schaufelberger <rs...@plusw.de> on 2010/12/03 17:24:06 UTC

Internal apreq error

Hi,

(server  Apache/2.2.14, OS Ubunto 10.04 LTS, libapreq 2.12.2 )

I'm getting sometimes an

Internal apreq error

which appears in my apache log with no more information that just that string.
I would like to know where this error happens and why.
Can I  force apreq  to be a bit more verbose about errors ?
The problem is, I can't reproduce the error, so running apache in debugger is no option.

The only thing I (mean to) know so far: The error happens during large file uploads.
I have a form  where a user can uploald 13 files   which may have have more than 100MB.
The apreq  is  patched to allow more that that (MAX set to 1000MB).

Regards

Rolf Schaufelberger

Re: Internal apreq error

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
> (server  Apache/2.2.14, OS Ubunto 10.04 LTS, libapreq 2.12.2  )
>
> I'm getting sometimes an
>
> Internal apreq error
>
> which  appears in my apache log with no more information that just that
string.
> I  would like to know where this error happens and why.
> Can I  force  apreq  to be a bit more verbose about errors ?
> The problem is, I can't  reproduce the error, so running apache in debugger is
>no option.
>

> The  only thing I (mean to) know so far: The error happens during large file
>uploads.
>
> I have a form  where a user can uploald 13 files   which may have  have more
>than 100MB.

Most likely the user interrupted the upload.  It generally means
the parser's input stream was missing expected stuff.

> The apreq  is  patched to allow more that  that (MAX set to 1000MB).

You shouldn't have to patch apreq.  There is a config setting for that:

APREQ2_ReadLimit.

Re: Internal apreq error

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
I doubt that helps much.  Looking more carefully
at the mfd parser code, the only places I can see
where it will return an APREQ_ERROR_GENERAL (initial)
status are when

   1) the Content-Disposition headers in a part have a form-data
      element but no name attribute.

   2) the level of nested parts exceeds 8.

The parser *should* return APR_EOF in cases where the
stream has aborted prematurely.

Re: Internal apreq error

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.