Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/02/22 20:54:16 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbyTopLevelJunitTests" by DanDebrunner

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DanDebrunner:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTopLevelJunitTests

  = Introduction =
  This page lists the various top-level tests that can be run against Derby, it applies to the trunk only.
  In most cases a test class can be run directly by any JUnit test runner without setting system properties.
+
+ = Ant Targets =
+ || '''ant target''' || '''Comments''' ||
+ || `junit-clean` || Remove any folders from previous junit runs through ant targets. (requires explicit setting of the classpath) ||
+ || `junit-all` || Run all the functional tests. Intended to match `suites.All` but also adds some tests that require to be run in their own virtual machine. ||
+ || `junit-all-codeline-jars` || Run `junit-all` automatically setting the classpath in a codeline to be the compiled jar files ||
+ || `junit-system-mini` || Run a short version of any system tests that run under junit. Intended to be a quick check of Derby and the system test. (requires explicit setting of the classpath) ||
+ || `junit-system-mini-codeline-jars` || Run `junit-system-mini` automatically setting the classpath in a codeline to be the compiled jar files ||

  = Functional and Unit Tests =
  The test classes that need to be run to cover all functional and unit tests for Derby.
@@ -18, +26 @@

  || `org.apache.derby.PackagePrivateTestSuite` || No, run target 'pp-testing' manually. || These tests run against package private classes  and/or methods. Therefore, they have to be in the same package as the class they are testing. Because we do not want to distribute test code in the production code jars, these tests are currently only intended to be run against the classes-directory. Most of these tests are rather low-level. ||

  = System Tests =
+
+
  = Performance Tests =

  || '''Test Class''' || '''Run by junit-all''' || '''Comments''' ||