Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org> on 2005/07/11 16:57:00 UTC

helpful error messages, thanks!

Thank you
Thank you (seriously, no sarcasm) for error messages like these:

10:48:31,630 ERROR RMI TCP Connection(5)-192.168.1.41 [org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder] Incorrect deployment plan naming: found geronimo-jetty.xml, should be geronimo-web.xml
10:48:31,694 ERROR RMI TCP Connection(5)-192.168.1.41 [org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.TemporaryPlanAdapter] WAR includes a file using the old geronimo-jetty.xml format (including namespace http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty).  This is no longer supported.  Please change to the new geronimo-web.xml format.  The main difference is that it uses the namespace http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web

I can't tell you how many products I've used (commercial and OSS) that
just stopped working with obscure or unhelpful messages when things
changed internally.  These messages tell me what went wrong, why it
went wrong, and how to fix it.  At least one user appreciates it!

Cheers,
Toby