Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/25 05:42:33 UTC

Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Hi, all:

AOO 4.0 will release. Performance plays an important role in software
quality. Is there any volunteer who want to run performance test?

I've run AOO performance test on my own machines. I've tried on 3
platforms: Windows XP, Ubuntu 10.04, Mac Mac OS 10.7.3. The test configures
are as follows:

(1) W500; CPU:2.53 GHz; Mem: 3GB; OS: XP SP3
(2) Ubuntu; CPU: Interl® Core™ 2 Duo 2 GHz; Mem: 3GB; OS: Ubuntu 10.04
(3) Mac; CPU: Interl® Core™ 2 Duo 2 GHz; Mem: 3GB; OS: Mac OS 10.7.3

The test scenario include: AOO startup, file open, and save.

Volunteers could run performance test on other platforms.

All the automation scripts could be downloaded in AOO project. And it is
not difficult to set the automation environment. You could follow the guide:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide

For any questions, be free to contact with me :)

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Great!
Thanks for your support. I haven't run project neither on other language
besides English nor on 64 bit machine.
It is a good trial. Expect for your test results :)

Posted by Marcolongo <gi...@alice.it>.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
(1)For PVT report you can record as wiki on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report

*  GUI PVT:*
    1)open pvt.gui.Benchmark.xml with OO
    2)compute test result

   - Remove the minimum and maximum result
   - Compute the average and standard deviation of the rest 5
results.* *Note:the
   standard deviation is to reflect whether the results are stable.

*  UNO PVT:*
    1)Open pvt.uno.Conversion.xml with OO
    2)Show your result without compute.

     First of all,  You need run on the AOO 3.4.1 release to establish a
baseline.  To make your PVT result more meaningful.

(2)For test.uno.project, you need follow
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide>
    I've ran uno project on Eclipse and Command, it works fine.
    From your error message, I know that your openoffice.home set with the
wrong path. openoffice.home is your default install directory. Below is the
list of default install path

Mac OS X: "*/Applications/OpenOffice.org.app/Contents"*

Linux: "*/opt/openoffice.org3*"

Windows: "*C:/Program Files/OpenOffice.org 3*"

Windows 64b: "*C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice.org 3*"

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for reminder, pvt code was reconstructed to shield the impact of
cool startup and warm startup.
So now, no need to remove the first round result.

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by colin mcdermott <co...@gmail.com>.
Can I ask a dumb question?

--
Regards

Colin McDermott

0433 400 256

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 performance test.

Posted by Anders Kvibäck <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Kvibäck <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Kvibäck <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Karen <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I thought I would be able to help with checking out bugs, but it is way more
> complicated than my skill level.  Would you please remove me from the list
> of volunteers?

Hi Karen,

Note that the performance test stuff is more complicated.  I wouldn't
expect everyone to be interested in that.  But there are also other,
easier QA tasks, like manual test case execution.

But if you do want to be removed from the mailing list, you should
send an email to qa-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org.   You'll then
receive a confirmation email, and once you respond that you will stop
receiving posts from the mailing list.

Regards,

-Rob

Posted by Karen <el...@gmail.com>.