Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/07/16 21:43:56 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.3. The
vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpcore-4.3-RC1/

Release notes:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpcore-4.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-147/org/apache/httpcomponents/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.3-RC1/

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16 July 2013 20:43, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.3. The
> vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpcore-4.3-RC1/
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpcore-4.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-147/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>
> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.3-RC1/

Revision:

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 01:23 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 19 July 2013 12:23, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 16:53 +0100, sebb wrote:
> >> -1
> >>
> >> There seems to be a problem with the jar NOTICE and LICENSE files.
> >>
> >> There are two of each, with different contents in each of the jars.
> >> Looks like one is auto-generated, as it has a spurious leading blank line.
> >> The javadoc jars only have a single pair of N&L files, which look to
> >> be the autogenerated ones.
> >>
> >> By the way, it may be possible to simplify the NOTICE files:
> >>
> >> http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
> >>
> >> I suspect the JCIP-ANNOTATIONS paragraph could be left to the LICENSE file.
> >>

> > Sebastian
> >
> > Could you please get the latest SVN snapshot off the trunk, build
> > artifacts (with 'mvn clean package') and let me know if everything is as
> > you expect?
>
> There is now only one NOTICE & LICENSE file.
>
> However the NOTICE (and LICENSE) files all have a spurious blank line
> at the start.
> Looks like that is a Maven bug.

Seriously, Sebastian, who cares? This stuff comes form ASF level POM.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/trunk/apache-jar-resource-bundle/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE.vm

> The JCIP annotations are not mentioned in OSGI, although the
> annotations are included in the OSGI jar.
>
> However, the OSGI source does not include JCIP.

I added JCIP related clauses to NOTICE and LICENSE in the OSGi module.

> I don't know whether it is possible to generate separate N&L files for
> source and binary artifacts using the remote resources plugin.
> If not, we will probably have to revert to copying the files ourselves
> in order to recover the necessary control over the process.

I hope you are not serious.

Please review and let me know if I can move on with the release.

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
-1