Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Merritt <SM...@abilizer.com> on 2001/05/24 00:19:44 UTC

mod_jk is garbled? Garbled? I got the binary...

Upgraded Apache to 1.3.20, got Tomcat 3.2.1.  Downloaded binary of mod_jk,
but when it tries to load it I get:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 8 of
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/mod_jk_set.conf:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

What's the deal with that?  Any ideas?  Tried compiling myself, but apxs
dies at the end.  I got it from the linux dir, and I'm running Redhat 7.0

Thanks..