Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com> on 2016/10/04 23:26:32 UTC

running solr 6.x in Eclipse for debugging

All,

I've found some hints, but can't get Solr running in debug mode in eclipse
with the instructions

Here:
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/04/13/how-to-debug-solr-with-eclipse/

or Here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToConfigureEclipse

When I run this command from the wiki : java -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=7666 -jar start.jar

I get an error: WARNING: Nothing to start, exiting ...

I can't start the jar file "normally" either and it turns out to be a
symlink.

I'm thinking that things are different now given that the way to start Solr
is this way:

bin/solr start -e cloud -noprompt

Can anyone point me at documentation or drop a hint?

Re: running solr 6.x in Eclipse for debugging

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Thanks much!  I'll give it a try...

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Thank you very much Eric - I'll try that tomorrow.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
John:

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Thanks Mikhail!

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
ok. it's "run-example" [ ..@solr]$ant -p

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: running solr 6.x in Eclipse for debugging

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
Thanks Erick,

I don't care which way I start it, just that I can get Solr running in
debug mode so I can test any plugins / components that I add...

And - I'd love to find out how to do the same in Intellij as that is the
IDE used at my new gig...

I'll give this a shot - thanks again.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.