Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ryan Skorstad <ry...@beatport.com> on 2008/11/06 19:16:44 UTC

Problem with Subversion and HTTPS Access to Repository

I have a Continuum 1.2.2 server running and I am trying to check out
source code from my Subversion repository running on a different host.
I am trying to add this code to Continuum as an M2 Project.

The only way to access the Subversion repository is via HTTPS, and the
Continuum server does not like this because it doesn't trust my CA.

There are many posts on the mailing list that talk about how Continuum
shells out to run a svn checkout, but I do not think this is the case
with the version of the code I am running.  It appears that Java is
trying to perform the checkout based on the error I am getting:

2008-11-06 10:26:48,258 [addMavenTwoProjectBackgroundThread] INFO
continuumProjectBuilder#maven-two-builder  - Error adding project:
Unknown error downloading from
https://my.svn.server/svn/main/prototypes/myProject/pom.xml
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

Is there a way to get my Continuum to trust my CA?

RE: Build Environments

Posted by Kyle Lebel <kl...@lixar.com>.
Here it is, located under the "Administrator's Guides"

http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/administrator_guides/profiles.html

Kyle

________________________________

Posted by murali mohan <mu...@gmail.com>.

RE: Build Environments

Re: Build Environments

Posted by murali mohan <mu...@gmail.com>.

Build Environments

Posted by Kyle Lebel <kl...@lixar.com>.
Hi,

Re: Problem with Subversion and HTTPS Access to Repository

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Look at [1] for the InstallCert java class. I use it sometimes to install
certificates.

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/andreas/entry/no_more_unable_to_find

Emmanuel

Posted by Thijs Schnitger <t....@func.nl>.
I appear to have sent you in the wrong direction.
You should indeed let svn know of the CA certificate. This can be done
in various ways. In my case I added my CAcert to the system defaults in
/etc/ssl/certs. The svn docs say you need to edit the runtime servers
file, which can be found in the homedir of the user who runs continuum,
in ~/.subversion/servers. Edit a parameter called ssl-authority-files.
You may need to restart Continuum.

Hope this helps,

Thijs

Posted by Ryan Skorstad <ry...@beatport.com>.