Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Burke, Rodney" <bu...@ibiquity.com> on 2005/11/04 21:36:28 UTC

Form/Input Handling Problem

Does anyone know why I'm getting the following form/input error?

Here's my scenario:

I have a jsp page which uses an <h:form> and there are three
<h:commandButton>s at the very top and the very bottom of the form.
The form woks fine until I add another <h:commandButton> in the middle
of the form. At which point the following message is displayed multiple
times when I press any of the submit buttons.

"WARN  [HtmlRendererUtils] There should always be a submitted value for
an input if it is rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not
disabled or read-only."

My commandButtons are structured like this:

<h:commandButton id="force_audio_blend"

            action="#{controlGEM.forceAudioBlend}"
value="#{resource_msg['label_control_force_audio_blend']}"  />

Thank You,
Rodney

Re: Form/Input Handling Problem

Posted by Andrew robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I have received this warning when I disable the control using
javascript on the client-side & therefore the browser will not post
the value back (I believe). Are you disabling controls on the client
side?