Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ashishb888 <as...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/22 12:19:55 UTC

Affinity key & data rebalancing

We have defined an affinity key e.g. someId for a cache. This affinity key
will be linked to a partition of the cache.
Now this partition is held by 1 node. In case the data for the partition
grows more than that node limit, then what will happen?

BR,
Ashish

Re: Affinity key & data rebalancing

Posted by ashishb888 <as...@gmail.com>.
As expected. Thank you Ilya for response.

Re: Affinity key & data rebalancing

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

If you run out of data region, you will get IgniteOutOfMemoryException with
probable data loss. You should make sure to not run out of data region.

Ilya Kasnacheev