Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by niels <op...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 20:10:31 UTC

Struggling with rememberMe

Hi,

I use DefaultWebSecurityManager with IniRealms. If I authenticate I get a
rememberMe-Cookie, so the first step is done.
I restart the server in debug mode an get the following

So  I found that I get a subject  from
org.apache.shiro.mgt.DefaultSecurityManager.createSubject(SubjectContext).
How ever it's not authenticated. At the end I get a redirect to the login
url.

I can't  find any code where isRemembered() is called. Is it necessary to
define a RememberMe-Filter? But I thought that the FilterChain is always an
logical-and not an -or.

If I read the rememberMe documentation everything should work :-(

Any suggestions how to dig deeper in it?

Regards
Niels

RE: Struggling with rememberMe (want authenticated)

Posted by Konrad Zuse <th...@hotmail.com>.
"Authenticated" means the user has logged in.  Remember me only works with "User" and not "Authenticated"  YOu can still run your application by using them as a user.  IT is possible to check to see if they are a user and then authenticate them, based on previously known data, which means you wuld have to store the password/user combos.

You don't need authenticated though.

Posted by Alessio Stalla <al...@manydesigns.com>.
In development you can use a different configuration that always
authenticates you as a certain user...

Posted by Alessio Stalla <al...@manydesigns.com>.
Well - just avoid using @RequiresAuthentication. Or write a filter and
corresponding realm that, if the user is not authenticated but only
remembered, authenticates it using a special token that doesn't check the
password. Generally I don't think it's a good idea to use rememberMe as
authentication, as it's less secure.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM, niels <op...@gmail.com> wrote:

> RememberMe works as design. The user isn't authenticated only known. So the
> question is, is it possible to handle a remembered user as fully
> authenticated?
>
> Must I wrote a subclass of FormAuthenticationFilter or extend the Realm? Or
> is there a build in functionality. Would be nice if someone give me a hint
> to the right direction.
>
> Regards
> Niels

*Alessio Stalla* | Software Architect
M: +39 340 7824743 | T: +39 010 566441 | F: +39 010 8900455
alessio.stalla@manydesigns.com | www.manydesigns.com

MANYDESIGNS s.r.l.
Via G. D'Annunzio, 2/51 | 16121 Genova (GE) | Italy

Re: Struggling with rememberMe (want authenticated)