Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by girakrok <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 14:46:58 UTC

Performance

Hi everybody,
I´ve been testing activeMQ and it´s pretty nice but I have a doubt: Is the
publish´s performance different using ajax of directly on java?
I made a send and a receive messages application test. When I opened one
receive application in all browsers I have (FF, IE7, Safari 3, IE6) and just
one send application.
Sometimes the message appers very quickly on receive application, sometimes
one of them take a longe time to show the message, sometimes all of them
take a long time to show the message, etc.
I did the same test with the Portifolio application that comes with
activeMQ. I opened the PortifolioPublishServlet url and 4 o 5 (different)
browser windows with the portifolio HTML. They always update the dat very
quickly in every window.
So, I´m a little worry about that. I don´t feel myself safe enough to build
a big sender/receiver application to be used by thousands of people.

at,
Paulo