Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by Olsen Odd <Od...@volvo.com> on 2002/03/20 17:38:51 UTC

XML-RPC on Mainframe

Hi

I have been trying to run the org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer
on a OS/390 Mainframe in the Unix environment. I have used
the example AreaServer found in the O'Reilly book
"Programming WebServices with XML-RPC". The server is
starting as you would expect and you get messages like:

  Attempting to start XML-RPC Server...
  Started successfully.
  Registered AreaHandler class to area.
  Now accepting requests. (Halt program to stop.)

But! when I try to use the AreaClient to call the
service in the server, I get:

  IO Exception: Unexpected end of file from server

My questions is:
  - Has anyone tried to use org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer
  on a OS/390 in the Unix environment and got it to work?
  - Is it at all possible to run org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer
  or the other XML-RPC classes in an environment using
  EBCDIC instead of ASCII

I had great hops on using XML-RPC to connect to Enterprise
Information Systems in an easy way.

regards/Odd