Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com> on 2005/03/01 13:05:07 UTC

Legal folder names?

I'm having difficulty with merging a particular set of files. I get the message

svn: Working copy 'users/chris' not locked

I haven't been using chris's stuff in my working copy. Looking at his files
though I see he has a folders called

users\chris\dissertation\code\#Client
users\chris\dissertation\code\#Server

Could these be causing me problems on doing the merge? We mostly work on win32,
but the server is running freeBSD.
--
Robin Becker

Re: Legal folder names?

Posted by Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com>.
Robin Becker wrote:
> I'm having difficulty with merging a particular set of files. I get the
> message
>
> svn: Working copy 'users/chris' not locked
>
> I haven't been using chris's stuff in my working copy. Looking at his
> files though I see he has a folders called
>
> users\chris\dissertation\code\#Client
> users\chris\dissertation\code\#Server
>
> Could these be causing me problems on doing the merge? We mostly work on
> win32,
> but the server is running freeBSD.

Have checked the repository and it's OK

Still get this error in win32; the branch I'm trying to merge into doesn't have
users/chris, but was created in the changeset I'm merging from. Another
colleague also added in some files and those appear fine. Is this problem caused
by these strange foldernames?

I am running svn 1.1.1 on the freeBSD server and 1.1.2 as a win32 client.
--
Robin Becker