Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Cong Guo <co...@huawei.com> on 2018/06/29 15:17:07 UTC

What is the difference between PRIMARY_SYNC and FULL_ASYNC

Hi,

Does PRIMARY_SYNC means waiting for only primary copies even if the primary copies are on remote nodes, while FULL_ASYNC means waiting for only local copies no matter the local copies are primary or not?

Could you please give me an example case to show different performance results with the two CacheWriteSynchronizationModes?

Thanks,
Cong

Re: What is the difference between PRIMARY_SYNC and FULL_ASYNC

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Yep, you understood the difference correctly.
I'm not sure, if we are waiting for local updates in FULL_ASYNC mode,
though.
But anyways, updating local entries is much faster than the remote ones.

I'm not aware of any available public benchmark results with comparison of
different write synchronization modes.
But you can find a number of benchmarks in Ignite's repository:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/modules/yardstick
You can run them with different configurations and compare yourself.

Consider sharing your results with the community when you get any.

Denis