Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2007/01/17 20:56:16 UTC

Proximity vs. Maven Achiva

My company is currently using maven-proxy[1], but I must replace this
because it does not run as a Windows service. Two alternatives have been
mentioned on this list: Proximity[2] and Maven Archiva[3]. However, I don't
know which of those would be better to go with.

Does anyone have experience with Proximity and/or Archiva they could share?
Is there a feature-for-feature comparison anywhere?

(I know there's been some discussion on this list previously, but I did not
find anything recent.)

[1] http://maven-proxy.codehaus.org/
[2] http://proximity.abstracthorizon.org/
[3] http://maven.apache.org/archiva/

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.

Re: Proximity vs. Maven Achiva

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm using Archiva Snapshot on Tomcat5 as a windows Service.
It works fine and is realy easy to configure.

I got OutOfMemory due to a bug in archiva. I fixed it by auto-restarting the
service every night.

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@orange-ftgroup.com>.

Posted by LECAN Damien <Da...@B2i.fr>.
> Once Archiva is stable, i think this is the one to go since
> it has more features

Any idea of when it will be stable ?

Damien

Re: Proximity vs. Maven Achiva

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrés Viedma <an...@gmail.com>.
El 17/01/2007 21:49, Mel Riffe escribió:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> My client is able to run maven-proxy as a Windows service.  They're
> using a
> third-party tool to accomplish this:
> http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/introduction.html
Or you can use JavaService either:

http://javaservice.objectweb.org/

It's quite easy, this is my installation batch file:

@echo off
setlocal
@rem note that if JVM not found, service 'does not report an error' when
startup fails, although event logged
if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" set JAVA_HOME=C:\java\jdk1.5.0_05

REM ====PARAMETROS CONFIGURABLES====

set RUTA=C:\procesos\comun\maven-proxy
set SERVICENAME="Maven Proxy"
set DESCRIPCION="Repositorio Maven que hace de proxy con otros repositorios"
set JVMDIR=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server

REM ====FIN DE PARAMETROS CONFIGURABLES====

set PARAMETROS=maven-proxy.properties
set JSEXE=JavaService.exe
set SSBINDIR=%RUTA%
set CURRENTDIR=%RUTA%

@echo .
@echo . Instala el servicio %SERVICENAME%
@echo .
@echo .
%JSEXE% -version
@echo .

@echo Instalando servicio %SERVICENAME%
@echo .

%JSEXE% -install %SERVICENAME% %JVMDIR%\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%RUTA%\maven-proxy-standalone-0.2-app.jar -start
org.apache.maven.proxy.standalone.Standalone -params %PARAMETROS% -out
%RUTA%\out.txt -err %RUTA%\err.txt -current %CURRENTDIR% -description
%DESCRIPCION%

@echo .
@echo Iniciando servicio %SERVICENAME%
@echo .
net start %SERVICENAME%
@echo .
@pause

Hope it helps,

Andrés

Re: Proximity vs. Maven Achiva

Posted by Mel Riffe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

My client is able to run maven-proxy as a Windows service.  They're using a