Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Palmer, Andrew MMI Woking" <An...@nielsen.com> on 2007/06/11 15:51:50 UTC

Problems With Character Sets

Hi,

I am hoping that someone here can help me with this problem.

I have a POJO object which has been used as the basis for generating the
WS objects and the like.

On of the inner objects is a String and most of the times the Server
encodes the result correctly, but it throws an error when I try and
encode the 0x1f (31) or 0x1e (30) character.

What I am asking is this the correct behavior?   I have a read around
and can no find no mention of what can and can't be encoded here.

If some one could provide a URL references that would be useful

I have a work around, which is to base64 encode this result, but that
adds significantly to the size, of the transferred object.

Andrew