Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Greening <gr...@bigtribe.com> on 2006/03/16 13:00:03 UTC

Fix for MEJB-6. How can we get this incorporated?

Tim Kettler and I constructed patches for maven-ejb-plugin to allow
it to handle EJB3 packages (mine was a refinement of his).  We would
very much like it applied, but the JIRA ticket created for it, http://
jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEJB-6, is currently marked "trivial" and
has no developer assigned.

Given that two people have seen enough urgency to create two patch
variations for this bug, it seems the "trivial" designation is
probably not right, and we fear it will not gain the attention it
deserves.

This patch is required to properly package an EJB3 jar file.  Since
EJB3 is vastly easier to code and test than EJB2.1, I am starting to
see lots of people using EJB3.  In particular, the availability of
simple-to-use microcontainers makes unit testing feasible with Maven2.

How can we get someone's attention to apply the patch we created?

Dan R. Greening, Ph.D.,  CEO BigTribe Corporation,  http://
dan.greening.name/contact.htm

Re: Fix for MEJB-6. How can we get this incorporated?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The best thing you can do is send an email to the users list and ask
us to vote on your issue, so it raises in "importance" and then
hopefully someone will notice and apply the patch.

I voted on your issue and added a comment as well. Hopefully this
patch will be applied soon.

Wayne