Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by tangentsoft42 <ya...@tangentsoft.net> on 2002/10/25 18:12:11 UTC

Redirects failing under mod_perl2

I have an Apache::ASP application that works fine under Red Hat Linux
7.2 and 7.3 with the included Apache (1.3.2x) and mod_perl (1.2x).  I
get an error when I move it to a Red Hat 8.0 box, which now uses
Apache 2.0.40 and mod_perl 1.99_05.

I've traced the problem to a $Response->Redirect("$uri"); statement in
one of my ASP files.  When this statement is hit, you get a 500 error
in the browser.  If you then manually go to the page that the redirect
statement tried to take you to, the application continues to work
normally again.

In my Apache error log, I get this:

[Fri Oct 25 09:37:08 2002] [error] [asp] [15032] [error] error
executing login.asp: Can't locate object method "cgi_header_out" via
package "Apache::RequestRec" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/ASP/Response.pm line 628. <--> ,
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/ASP.pm line 1463

Package Apache::RequestRec exists in two flavors: one is some kind of
stub.  The other is part of Apache::compat (which I bring in in my
httpd.conf).  In the latter, there is indeed no cgi_header_out method.
 There's a header_out, but I don't know if this is supposed to be the
same thing.

What's going on here?

Re: Redirects failing under mod_perl2

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
tangentsoft42 wrote:
> I have an Apache::ASP application that works fine under Red Hat Linux
> 7.2 and 7.3 with the included Apache (1.3.2x) and mod_perl (1.2x).  I
> get an error when I move it to a Red Hat 8.0 box, which now uses
> Apache 2.0.40 and mod_perl 1.99_05.

It seems like from what you are saying that mod_perl 1.99_05 release
does not have cgi_header_out defined in the Apache::compat layer.

 From the changelog for 1.99_07 that it has not been added recently
either.  The log I'm looking at is here:

   http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-2.0-current/Changes

Apache::ASP uses the cgi_header_out Apache API specifically to deal
with cookie headers, of which there can be multiple ones sent.
I am relying on Apache::compat to allow compatibility between
mod_perl 1 & mod_perl 2.  Recent Apache::ASP releases will actually
load Apache::compat automatically so you do not have to.

I will forward this on to the mod_perl dev group to hopefully
get cgi_header_out added to Apache::compat.

Thanks,

Josh