Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ju...@hsbc.ca on 2006/04/12 19:52:36 UTC

surefire report plugin

I noticed when there are test failures in the surefire report plugin, that
it gives a build error and kicks out without finishing up and generating
the remaining reports. Is there a way to have it continue even though the
surefire test fails? Or am I missing the point?

I tried this, but it didn't work:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>surefire-report-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                        <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
                </configuration>
      </plugin>

C:\maventest\IPS-Main>mvn site:site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'site'.
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus
.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.pr
operties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.
resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLo
aderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.
ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
in any
resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm
: org
.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'V
M_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates

[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline
may NOT
replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
 glob
al in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] Preparing jdepend:generate
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING]
        Artifact junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test retains local scope 'test'
overridin
g broader scope 'compile'
        given by a dependency. If this is not intended, modify or remove
the loc
al scope.

[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] Preparing cobertura:cobertura
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [cobertura:instrument]
[INFO] Cobertura 1.7 - GNU GPL License (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file
Cobertura: Loaded information on 59 classes.
Instrumenting 61 classes to
C:\maventest\IPS-Main\target\generated-classes\cober
tura
Cobertura: Saved information on 59 classes.
Instrument time: 481ms

[INFO] Instrumentation was successful.
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Setting reports dir: C:\maventest\IPS-Main\target/surefire-reports

 T E S T S
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.exception.DefaultExceptionTest
Cobertura: Loaded information on 59 classes.
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.301 sec
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.config.IPSConfigurationManagerTest
[surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 4, Time elapsed: 0.05 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.config.IPSConfigurationTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0 sec
<<<<<<<< FA
ILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.DirectResponseProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.GetSignatureCardProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
<<<<<<<< FA
ILURE !!
[surefire] Running
com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.GetSummaryForUserProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.ItemDetailProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.ListItemsProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
<<<<<<<< FA
ILURE !!
[surefire] Running
com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.UpdateDecisionOnItemProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running
com.hsbc.es.messageprocessing.controlling.MessageProcessingFr
ontControllerTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0.08 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
Cobertura: Saved information on 59 classes.
[ERROR] There are test failures.
[INFO] Preparing surefire-report:report
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Setting reports dir: C:\maventest\IPS-Main\target/surefire-reports

 T E S T S
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.exception.DefaultExceptionTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.13 sec
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.config.IPSConfigurationManagerTest
[surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 4, Time elapsed: 0.04 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.config.IPSConfigurationTest
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0 sec
<<<<<<<< FA
ILURE !!
[surefire] Running com.hsbc.ca.ips.processor.DirectResponseProcessorTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.01 sec
[...]
[surefire] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Time elapsed: 0.07 sec
<<<<<<<<
 FAILURE !!
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] There are test failures.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 13 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 12 10:51:57 PDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/21M
[INFO]

-j

Justin Fung
justin_fung@hsbc.ca
Sr. Analyst, Business Systems
IT Banking Systems, e-Business
HSBC Bank Canada
http://www.hsbc.ca
p: (604) 643-6605
f: (604) 643-6727
This email may contain confidential information, and is intended only for
the named recipient and may be privileged.  Distribution or copying of
this email by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you
are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and permanently
destroy this email and all copies of it.  Internet email is not private,
secure, or reliable.  No member of the HSBC Group is liable for any errors
or omissions in the content or transmission of this email. Any opinions
contained in this email are solely those of the author and, unless clearly
indicated otherwise in writing, are not endorsed by any member of the HSBC
Group.
Ce courriel peut renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés
et s'adresse au destinataire désigné seulement.   La distribution ou la
copie de ce courriel par toute personne autre que le destinataire désigné
est interdite.  Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire désigné, veuillez nous
en aviser immédiatement et détruire de façon permanente ce courriel ainsi
que toute copie de celui-ci. La transmission de courriel par Internet ne
constitue pas un mode de transmission confidentiel, sécuritaire ou fiable.
 Aucun membre du Groupe HSBC ne sera responsable des erreurs ou des
omissions relatives au contenu ou à la transmission de ce courriel.
L'auteur de ce courriel est seul responsable des opinions émises dans ce
courriel, lesquelles, à moins  d'un avis contraire fourni par écrit, ne
sont pas endossées par aucun membre du Groupe HSBC.

Re: surefire report plugin

Posted by tomiq <to...@gmail.com>.
Please how can I set my maven to update surefire from this repo?

Re: surefire report plugin

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
there's already a jira issue for that (fixed in svn i think)

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride