Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/21 17:44:05 UTC

Re: creating and using queue

I've defined an jms:consumer linked to a specific queue. When deploying the
SA, I've noticed that this queue is not automatically created. How can I
control the automatic creation of queues at deployment time ?

Re: creating and using queue

Posted by stlecho <st...@gmail.com>.
Gert,

The jms:consumer is specified as "<jms:consumer
service="dummy:PersonQueryReceiver" endpoint="jmsEndpoint"
targetService="dummy:PersonQueryIn" destinationName="personquery.in"
connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"/>". In the JMX console I see the
personquery.in queue. In my Java client I'm using personquery.in as jndiName
for the queue. Is this correct or should I use a different jndiName
(queue/..., /queue/..., ...) ?

Regards, Stefan.

Re: creating and using queue

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Stefan,

stlecho wrote:

> Gert,
>
> I'm using the following definition for the ConnectionFactory: "  <bean
> id="connectionFactory"
> class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"><property
> name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" /></bean>". Should this be
> replaced by the "amq:connectionFactory" definition ?
>
> When connecting to this queue with a Java client, I'm receiving a queue
> not found exception.
>
> Regards, Stefan.
>
> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>>
>> L.S.,
>>
>> If your the jms:consumer in your xbean.xml file uses a JMS
>> ConnectionFactory to establish the connection to the broker.  For
>> ActiveMQ, you should find something like this in your file:
>> <amq:connectionFactory id="connectionFactory"
>> brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616" />
>>
>> The queue will be auto-created by ActiveMQ when a connection is being
>> made; the best way to check this is by connection to ServiceMix (and the
>> embedded ActiveMQ) with a JMX console as explained in
>> http://servicemix.apache.org/15-beginner-using-jmx-to-look-inside-the-esb.html
>> and looking at the list of queues for ActiveMQ there.
>>

>> P.S. Sorry about the double post, copy-pasted the XML again instead of
>> the URL for the JMX connection explanation...
>>

>> stlecho wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm deploying the jms:consumer in the standard ServiceMix distribution,
>>> so I suppose that ServiceMix uses internally ActiveMQ to host the
>>> defined queues. If this supposition is correct, how can I automatically
>>> create the required queues when deploying the SA ?
>>>
>>> Regards, Stefan Lecho.

-----
---
Gert Vanthienen
http://www.anova.be

Re: creating and using queue

Posted by stlecho <st...@gmail.com>.
Gert,

Re: creating and using queue

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

If your the jms:consumer in your xbean.xml file uses a JMS ConnectionFactory
to establish the connection to the broker.  For ActiveMQ, you should find
something like this in your file:
<amq:connectionFactory id="connectionFactory"
brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616" />

The queue will be auto-created by ActiveMQ when a connection is being made;
the best way to check this is by connection to ServiceMix (and the embedded
ActiveMQ) with a JMX console as explained in <amq:connectionFactory
id="connectionFactory" brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616" /> and looking at

stlecho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm deploying the jms:consumer in the standard ServiceMix distribution, so
> I suppose that ServiceMix uses internally ActiveMQ to host the defined
> queues. If this supposition is correct, how can I automatically create the
> required queues when deploying the SA ?
>
> Regards, Stefan Lecho.
>

> Chris Custine (Apache) wrote:
>>
>> Like Guillaume said, if you are using ActiveMQ then by default the queue
>> should be created for you.  It sounds like you might be using something
>> other than ActiveMQ and creation of queues would be entirely specific to
>> the
>> product and probably require some type of administration tool.  If you
>> are
>> using ActiveMQ let us know and we can work through it in more detail.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> --
>> Chris Custine
>> My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com
>> Apache ServiceMix :: http://servicemix.apache.org
>> Apache Directory Server :: http://directory.apache.org
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM, stlecho <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I've defined an jms:consumer linked to a specific queue. When deploying
>>> the
>>> SA, I've noticed that this queue is not automatically created. How can I
>>> control the automatic creation of queues at deployment time ?

>>> --

-----
---
Gert Vanthienen