Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajani Maski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/08 11:53:58 UTC

Paoding analyzer with solr for chinese

Hi All,

  As said in this blog
site<http://java.dzone.com/articles/indexing-chinese-solr> that
paoding
analyzer is much better for chinese text, I was trying to implement it to
get accurate results for chinese text.

I followed the instruction specified in the below sites
Site1<http://androidyou.blogspot.hk/2010/05/chinese-tokenizerlibrary-paoding-with.html>
&   Site2<http://www.opensourceconnections.com/2011/12/23/indexing-chinese-in-solr/>

After Indexing, when I search on same field with same text, no search
results(numFound=0)

And luke tool is not showing up any terms for the field that is indexed
with below field type. Can anyone comment on what is going wrong?

*Schema field types for  paoding :*

*1) <fieldType name="paoding" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" >*
* <analyzer>*
* <tokenizer class="test.solr.PaodingTokerFactory.PaoDingTokenizerFactory"/>
*
* </analyzer>*
* </fieldType>*

And analaysis page results is :
[image: Inline image 2]

*2)<fieldType name="paoding_chinese" class="solr.TextField">*
*      <analyzer class="net.paoding.analysis.analyzer.PaodingAnalyzer">*
*  </analyzer>*
*    </fieldType>*

Analysis on the  field "paoding_chinese" throws this error
[image: Inline image 3]

Thanks & Regards
Rajani

Re: Paoding analyzer with solr for chinese

Posted by Uwe Reh <re...@hebis.uni-frankfurt.de>.
Hi Rajani,

I'm not really familiar with this paoding tokenizer, but it seems a bit
old. We are using the CJKBigramFilter (like in the example of Solr 4.0
alpha), which should be equivalent or even better and it works.

<analyzer>
    <tokenizer class="solr.ICUTokenizerFactory" />
    <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" />
    <filter class="solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory" />
    <filter class="solr.CJKBigramFilterFactory" />
</analyzer>

Uwe

Posted by Rajani Maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,