Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Joel S.Eden" <jo...@ic.net> on 1998/03/10 23:54:41 UTC

general/1933: [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: flock: LOCK_UN: Error freeing accept lock. Exiting!

>Number:         1933
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: flock: LOCK_UN: Error freeing accept lock. Exiting!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is what shows up in error_log on one of my servers.  It is fairly frequent.
I am unclear what is causing it specifically, but am guessing it can be attributed
to the fact that we are running on an NFS.  We're an ISP and our users pages are
being served by two servers from NFS file space housed on a third server.  (HTTPD
is running on the two servers, not the NFS server itself.)

I'm curious if there's a way to turn off file locking or if anyone else has come
across this same problem.  I downloaded and compiled 1.3b5 without changing anything
but the paths in httpd.h.
>How-To-Repeat:
Assuming this is an NFS/file locking problem, I would expect the only way to
duplicate this would be to have a web site on an NFS being served by one or more
servers...
>Fix:
Turn off file locking support in Apache HTTPD. (?)  But how%3