Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by elFerZur <fz...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 08:30:08 UTC

Problem running ActiveMq 5.0.0 on java 1.4.x

Hi, I don't understand this: "ActiveMQ can be run on a Java 1.4.x system,
however, Java 1.5 is required to compile/build ActiveMQ". When I try to run
ActiveMq, I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ActiveMQInitialContextFactory (Unsupported
major.minor version 49.0)

I use the jar activemq-all-5.0.0.jar to run my application. ¿Is Java 1.4.x
compatible or not???. I want to migrate from openjms to activemq, but there
are clients on WindowsNT, and java 1.5 is not compatible.
I try with the retrotranslator too, but too many errors appears:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.Timer.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
        at org.apache.activemq.thread.Scheduler.<clinit>(Scheduler.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.startMonitorThreads(InactivityMonitor.java:186)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:128)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:83)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:185)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
08:27:11.844 ERROR [main] - Unable to connect to JMS server
javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not send
his wire format.
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:62)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1183)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(ActiveMQConnection.java:1262)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.start(ActiveMQConnection.java:453)
        at
com.tissat.gis112.messaging.jms.JMSManager.connect(JMSManager.java:372)
        at
com.tissat.gis112.messaging.jms.JMSManager.<init>(JMSManager.java:87)
        at
com.tissat.gis112.messaging.jms.JMSManager.getInstance(JMSManager.java:105)
        at com.tissat.gis112.messaging.test.TestJMS.main(TestJMS.java:29)
        at
net.sf.retrotranslator.transformer.JITRetrotranslator.execute(JITRetrotranslator.java:157)
        at
net.sf.retrotranslator.transformer.JITRetrotranslator.main(JITRetrotranslator.java:140)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did
not send his wire format.
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:85)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.asyncRequest(ResponseCorrelator.java:70)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorrelator.java:75)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1172)

I don't want to spend my time trying with retrotranslator and 1.4.x. Is
Activemq runnable from Java1.4.x???
Another version is compatible with java 1.4.x???

Thanks in advanced:
F.Zuriaga

Re: Problem running ActiveMq 5.0.0 on java 1.4.x

Posted by elFerZur <fz...@gmail.com>.
O.K, thanks for fast answer.
I use retrotranslator with the option -advanced, and it seems to work O.K.

Thanks...
F.Zuriaga

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.