Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fr...@athensgroup.com> on 2001/06/20 00:27:50 UTC

Problem with Tomcat as a Service

I am using JavaService to start Tomcat as a service.
It installs and starts just fine, but when I try to
access a jsp, it hangs.  In jasper.log it shows the
usual lines about the jsp being accessed, but hangs
after the line:

   Classpath according to the Servlet Engine is ...

Noting shows up in the work directory and no error
messages in any log.

I tried putting tools.jar in the Tomcat lib, adding it
to the service classpath, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas why jasper is hanging and how to fix/identify
the problem?

Thanks,

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.