Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Doug Currie <e...@flavors.com> on 2004/09/30 16:13:40 UTC

Re: file:/// access to fsfs repository

Patrick Smears wrote:
> OK, I've had a chance to play around now. The following - though ugly! -
> has been verified to work (for me, at least!) :
>
>    svn co file:///%2f%3F/UNC/server/share/repos

Also works, and shorter, but much uglier:

  svn ls file:///%5cserver/share/repos

Re: file:/// access to fsfs repository

Posted by Simon Large <sl...@blazepoint.co.uk>.
"Patrick Smears"
> >   svn ls file:///%5cserver/share/repos
>
> Neat! More playing around reveals that the following:
>
>    svn ls file:///\server/share/repos
>
> also seems to work - which is probably the least ugly we'll get without
> making the URL-parsing code more sympathetic to UNC paths!

That will do nicely, thank you. I can't immediately see the logic behind why
it should work, but it is certainly a lot less ugly!

Simon

Re: file:/// access to fsfs repository

Posted by Doug Currie <e...@flavors.com>.
> [ Doug - did you mean to send that mail to dev@ rather than users@? ]

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/BrowseList?listName=dev
contained the message. So I responded to the
  List address          dev@subversion.tigris.org
that appears above the message on the web site.
[I am not subscribed to the list, I browse it on the web site.]

How can one determine on the Tigris web site if a message was posted
to the user list or the dev list?

Re: file:/// access to fsfs repository

Posted by Patrick Smears <pa...@ensoft.co.uk>.
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Doug Currie wrote:

> >    svn co file:///%2f%3F/UNC/server/share/repos
>
> Also works, and shorter, but much uglier:
>
>   svn ls file:///%5cserver/share/repos

Neat! More playing around reveals that the following:

   svn ls file:///\server/share/repos

also seems to work - which is probably the least ugly we'll get without
making the URL-parsing code more sympathetic to UNC paths!

[ Doug - did you mean to send that mail to dev@ rather than users@? ]

Patrick
--
The easy way to type accents in Windows: http://www.frkeys.com/