Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robb, Rebecca" <re...@lmco.com> on 2004/07/15 22:22:21 UTC

Single SignOn Configuration

I am using Tomcat 5.0.1 and I have two web apps that I manage that have
the same user authentication.  I would like to use single signon.
However, when I configure the single signon valve in the server.xml file
and move my realm from my app.xml files to the server.xml file, I can no
longer access the manager app I've signed on to my  other applications
because it uses a different authentication.  The comment in the
server.xml file states that all apps must have the same authentication
if single signon is configured.  If I change the manager app to have the
same authentication as the other two apps, then I think that all my
users could also get into the manager app with their standard
authentication which I do not want to happen.  Can I configure Tomcat
somehow so that I can have single signon without losing the convenience
of having the manager app available only to the web administrators?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Single SignOn Configuration

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
In theory, you should be able to mix Tomcat Realms with SSO in TC 5 (but
I've never tried it myself).  Of course, if you are using a custom Realm,
you are on your own :).

It looks like this is another case of the docs not keeping up with the code
:).